Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pedal to the metal.

I discovered a new potential hobby a few weeks ago: go-karting. Yes, you read it right the first time. Go-karting. An old friend introduced me to the thingie, I decided that no one's going to miss me too much if I crash and burn, so I said what the heck.

Things I learned about karting:
1. The kart feels ridiculously fast even though I'm only hitting about 50km/h. This is because it has no cabin to speak of and no safety belts.
2. I finally got to use all those dangerous driving skills I picked up playing computer racing games.
3. Karting is expensive. It's like RM30 for 10 minutes.
4. Karting is crazy fun. Especially under slick conditions. Driving in the rain is recklessly exhilarating.
5. I need to learn how to restart a stalled kart. The stupid track monitors are too lazy to respond quickly to a stalled kart, and every minute that passes by is precious.
6. It is important to make sure that a moving kart NEVER runs over your foot. Ouch.
7. I may be the most reckless driver in the whole of karting history. My driving mates were avoiding me like the plague.
8. Buy your own freakin' helmet. Try your level best not to use the communal helmet. It is....unhygienic.

Daredevil stunts aside, I think that this extravagant hobby is something that I will take to, although not regularly. I may need to get my own helmet though.

VROOOOOOOOOOMMM.................wahahahahaha.

No comments: